From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} preforking mysqld?
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 18:17:15
1 > > I have apache2 preforking and another important daemon preforking, and
2 > > after looking at my top process list, I'm wondering if I can get
3 > > mysqld preforking. It looks like there's only one mysqld process
4 > > running and it's working hard.
5 >
6 > I rather think it is threading... At least on my servers, it does. With
7 > NPTL you won't see those threads in the "normal" top view.
8 >
9 > In order to check if it's already multi-threaded, look at the output of
10 > "ps -fejL" instead.
11 >
12 > There's probably no forking involved, so preforking doesn't make sense.
13 > That the database consumes considerable resources is only natural with
14 > dynamic web content serving...
15
16 I think you're right. That ps command shows multiple threads of mysqld.
17
18 - Grant
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list