From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X won't start after xorg-server update
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 09:37:42
1 On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 10:27:08 +0100, hitachi303 wrote:
2
3 > > I suspect lib64 is the correct location.  I would check whether
4 > > /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20opengl.conf is owned by any package or if it
5 > > might have been manually edited long ago.  I don't have that file
6 > > present, but that may well be a side effect of different graphics
7 > > cards.
8 > >
9 > > Jack
10 >
11 > So equery belongs --early-out /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20opengl.conf
12 > doesn't show anything but I am not sure this is the right way to search
13 > for the owner.
14
15 Use qfile instead, qfile /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20opengl.conf
16
17 However, both of these search for installed files, not those written to by
18 an ebuild post_install.
19
20 > I do edit it every time X won't start. Then X does start. But
21 > after updating and rebooting it has the old wrong line again.
22
23 You need to find out which ebuild is modifying it. Run "qlop -m" and look
24 for the package whose install time most closely matches the modification
25 time of the file. Then read the ebuild to see what is going on. If an
26 ebuild is setting this incorrectly, you may need to file a bug report.
30 Neil Bothwick
31
32 Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.