From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] traceroute not working
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 20:30:44
1 On 2013-02-22 12:18 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > Unix traceroute normally operates by sending UDP packets to
3 > high-numbered ports with successively larger TTL values. You'll need
4 > to make sure you are allowing outbound UDP traffic as well.
5
6 Thanks guys - I had forgotten about this (haven't used it in a while)...
7
8 I forgot that I had to specify -I to designate using ICMP protocol...
9
10 duh...
11
12 Sorry for the noise...
13
14 Now to pose the real question I have (the reason I needed to use
15 traceroute in the first place) in a new thread...