From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: devmanual searching
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 21:58:31
1 2014-09-23 14:49 GMT-06:00 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> just add "site:devmanual.gentoo.org" to your search string
6 >
7 > site:devmanual.gentoo.org : URI
8 >
9 > Yep, it's what I've been doing. However, it has lots of sporadic
10 > noise in the search (ignoring devmanual) too often. Plus it does
11 > not necessarily search the document, in a serial fashion.
12 >
13 > Surely there is a "flat-file" version somewhere the I have missed?
14 > I'm not asking for an integrated search engine, but merely a
15 > flat-file version for traditional CLI types of searching....
18 > If there a way to convert devmanual to a flat file?
19 There's 'app-doc/devmanual' that is basically the html files that make
20 the devmanual but, if you have them in your pc you can convert them to
21 plain text and grep them, plus you have the manual even if offline.
22 >
23 > James