From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kpdf crashes with large documents.
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 10:53:07
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 090101 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Philip Webb wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> One further idea is to see what happens
7 >>> if you try to open it with Open Office 3 , which claims to input PDF.
8 >>>
9 >> I have OOo3 here and it said it was a 13,000 page document
10 >> and it was full of garbage at that.
11 >> That didn't work or I did something wrong one. May be the later tho.
14 > You need to install the (beta) add-on, which should open it in Impress.
15 > However, when I try that -- even with a much shorter PDF file --
16 > it just goes on & on & on using CPU till I kill OO.
17 >
18 > Has anyone managed to get PDF import to work with OO 3 on Gentoo ?
22 Well, my CPU went to 100% for a bit to but it did eventually come up. I
23 don't mind my CPU going to 100% since I run folding anyway. I wouldn't
24 let it run forever but a few minutes doesn't bother me.
25
26 Dale
27