From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kpdf crashes with large documents.
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 10:43:58
1 090101 Dale wrote:
2 > Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> One further idea is to see what happens
4 >> if you try to open it with Open Office 3 , which claims to input PDF.
5 > I have OOo3 here and it said it was a 13,000 page document
6 > and it was full of garbage at that.
7 > That didn't work or I did something wrong one. May be the later tho.
8
9 You need to install the (beta) add-on, which should open it in Impress.
10 However, when I try that -- even with a much shorter PDF file --
11 it just goes on & on & on using CPU till I kill OO.
12
13 Has anyone managed to get PDF import to work with OO 3 on Gentoo ?
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca