From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kpdf crashes with large documents.
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 10:15:02
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 090101 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Could it be a font that is missing or corrupt?
5 >> It is strange that Kghostview works tho if it is a missing font.
8 > I don't have problems with fonts otherwise.
9 > The version of p 10 shown by KGV doesn't seem to have anything unusual,
10 > but perhaps one of the little graphics is causing a problem.
13 >> Could it be qt or some other lib that has a issue?
16 > Not given that Kghostview renders it.
19 >> I did search for "kpdf crash" on fgo but have not searched bgo.
20 >> Should this be reported to KDE folks or Gentoo folks?
23 > One of us shd report it to the KDE bugzilla,
24 > but also their database sb searched first.
25 >
26 > One further idea is to see what happens
27 > if you try to open it with Open Office 3 , which claims to input PDF.
31 I have OOo3 here and it said it was a 13,000 page document and it was
32 full of garbage at that. That didn't work or I did something wrong
33 one. May be the later tho.
34
35 Dale
36