From: Josh Helmer <joshhelmer@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb external drive
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 16:35:42
1 On Thursday 05 July 2007 5:27:19 James wrote:
2 > What I'm looking for is a simple procedure I can use to set
3 > up all my gentoo systems so I can easily move this drive from
4 > machine to machine and have access to the files under gentoo
5 > and windoz (2k,xp,vista).
6
7 When I did this I just used ext3 and then installed an ext2 driver for
8 Windows. I don't know whether the ext2 driver is supported under Vista but
9 it works fine under XP. The only options I know of are NTFS (flakey linux
10 support) or VFAT (obsolete and wasteful filesystem).
11
12 Josh
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list