From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Locale generation and keymaps for cross compiliation?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 06:31:34
1 On Friday 14 December 2012 11:22:52 AM IST, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2 > On Friday 14 December 2012 03:38 AM, Dustin C. Hatch wrote:
3 >> On 12/13/2012 11:58, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>>
6 >>> I have a Raspberry Pi. I have gone through the cross development guides
7 >>> on gentoo.org and my barebones distro (consisting of chrony, sshd, bash)
8 >>> is ready (all I did is armv6j-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-emerge
9 >>> --root=/mnt/sdcard baselayout bash openssh chrony) which is of course
10 >>> after setting up the toolchain using crossdev.
11 >>>
12 >>> Now the problem is, since I'm on amd64 box (and don't have an ARM
13 >>> emulator), how do I generate the locale [without using an ARM emulator]?
14 >>> Also, how to go about keymaps? /usr/share/keymaps seems to be missing in
15 >>> the tree and equery returned no packages owning those files.
16 >>>
17 >>
18 >> I have been wondering the same thing. If you find the answer, please
19 >> share it.
20 >>
21 >> Incidentally, have you been able to boot the system you created as
22 >> described? I am working on a very similar setup, but I haven't been able
23 >> to get bash to work. It complains that it can't find libgcc_s.so.1, and
24 >> I don't want to install GCC on my Raspberry Pi.
25 >>
26 >> Regards,
29 > Mine doesn't boot either, same shared library error.
30 > For now I've set static and static-libs flag at global level, but this
31 > is not going to go good when I start installing other stuff over it.
32 > I think the best way out would be to install gcc? :S
35 It turns out that if you copy libgcc_s.so and libgcc_s.so.1 from
36 /usr/lib/gcc/armv6j-hardfloat-linux/gnueabi (on host system) to /lib on
37 the sd card, the library error goes away.
40 Nilesh Govindarajan
41 http://nileshgr.com