From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Locale generation and keymaps for cross compiliation?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 05:54:32
1 On Friday 14 December 2012 03:38 AM, Dustin C. Hatch wrote:
2 > On 12/13/2012 11:58, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I have a Raspberry Pi. I have gone through the cross development guides
6 >> on gentoo.org and my barebones distro (consisting of chrony, sshd, bash)
7 >> is ready (all I did is armv6j-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-emerge
8 >> --root=/mnt/sdcard baselayout bash openssh chrony) which is of course
9 >> after setting up the toolchain using crossdev.
10 >>
11 >> Now the problem is, since I'm on amd64 box (and don't have an ARM
12 >> emulator), how do I generate the locale [without using an ARM emulator]?
13 >> Also, how to go about keymaps? /usr/share/keymaps seems to be missing in
14 >> the tree and equery returned no packages owning those files.
17 > I have been wondering the same thing. If you find the answer, please
18 > share it.
19 >
20 > Incidentally, have you been able to boot the system you created as
21 > described? I am working on a very similar setup, but I haven't been able
22 > to get bash to work. It complains that it can't find libgcc_s.so.1, and
23 > I don't want to install GCC on my Raspberry Pi.
24 >
25 > Regards,
28 Mine doesn't boot either, same shared library error.
29 For now I've set static and static-libs flag at global level, but this
30 is not going to go good when I start installing other stuff over it.
31 I think the best way out would be to install gcc? :S
34 Nilesh Govindarajan
35 http://nileshgr.com