From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Waaaaaay [OT] Windoze back-up. Sorry to ask. :-(
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 03:30:14
1 lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com wrote:
4 >Set up a Samba server... hmm... KDE Control Centre has a excellent interface
5 >for that. Very easy.
6 >
7 >In a related story...
8 >
9 >The first time I used Samba to do some network transfers I spent ten minutes
10 >checking file intergrity. It went so darn fast... I was sure something was
11 >wrong. No, it's just that windoze networking is so darn slow! It's now a
12 >pain to do anything windoze-to-windoze! Linux and Samba is so much faster!
16 I tried the KDE setup but still no go. I think I need to change
17 something in the Linksys router, I'm not sure what though. I think it
18 is working on the Linux end. I can ping the windoze box from my Linux
19 box but I don't know how to do anything on the windoze side. Pointers??
20
21 Clueless.
22
23 Dale