From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /var/tmp/portage not empty?
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 08:33:43
1 On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 06:03:51 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Thanks I used reiser4progs to check and repair the fs. The weird
4 > thing is that I had to repeat this on the /var partition, after I
5 > zero'ed it, reformatted it and reinstalled gentoo on it. O_O
6 >
7 > How is it possible that the same directory/file gets corrupted again
8 > after a reinstall?
9
10 The first thing I'd do it set PORTAGE_TMPDIR to somewhere less important
11 than /var. You don't want to risk corrupting system files while sorting
12 this out. It would also show whether the problem was with an ebuild or
13 the filesystem. Use a tmpfs filesystem if you have the memory.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.