From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /var/tmp/portage not empty?
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 06:05:07
1 On 8 June 2010 23:54, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 06/08/2010 11:42 AM, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> It seems that the fs was well and truly corrupted.  :-(
5 >> Is reiser4 prone to corruption?
6 >
7 > I know zero about reiserfs, so I'm uniquely qualified to make suggestions :)
8 >
9 > Did you do any/some/all of the steps mentioned here?:
10 >
11 > http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/repairing-reiserfs-file-system-with-reiserfsck.html
12 >
13 > I'd hope that the reiser utilities might give you some useful error
14 > messages.
15
16 Thanks I used reiser4progs to check and repair the fs. The weird
17 thing is that I had to repeat this on the /var partition, after I
18 zero'ed it, reformatted it and reinstalled gentoo on it. O_O
19
20 How is it possible that the same directory/file gets corrupted again
21 after a reinstall? Could it be that gcc has some stealth anti-reiser4
22 fs code that borks it every time! I am really confused with this
23 problem.
24
25 PS. Any idea how I could set the partition label to "var" without
26 damaging the data on it? I forgot to do that at the time I formatted
27 it ...
28 --
29 Regards,
30 Mick