From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Following a well overdue world -u I have no network
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:36:25
1 On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 06:53:21 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > > Have you enabled rcs in the config? This makes it backup the changes,
4 > > so you can roll back.
5 >
6 > No, I just used it sort of blindly...
7
8 Not the best way to operate Gentoo :(
9
10 > I was under the conception that the archiving mechanism did a backup
11 > of all of etc but apparently that is not the case.
12
13 It archives what you change. So if you copied your settings into the new
14 config file and then let dispatch-conf replace the old one with it, the
15 old settings will be archived.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Beware of geeks bearing GIF's