From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] transkode is gone
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 21:08:41
1 Am Freitag, 22. Januar 2010 schrieb Alex Schuster:
2 > Hi there!
3 >
4 > media-sound/transkode [*] was a nice KDE3 application for converting
5 > various audio formats into others. It's gone now, and no, it's not in the
6 > kde-sunset overlay. I cannot even find any information on why it was
7 > removed.
8 > Building it manually does not work at all with gcc-4.3, and with lower
9 > versions I get somewhat further, but building does not finish, too.
10 >
11 > Any ideas why it's gone? Or where to look to find this out?
12 >
13 > And: Do you know about a replacement which takes a bunch of audio files
14 > and converts them info another format? I can do this on the command line,
15 > but transkode already has some presets for common formats and was just
16 > easy to use, no need to find out all needed options for lame etc.
17
18 I've used SoundKonverter¹ for this task in the past. It is also not available
19 as a KDE3 app anymore, but lives on in KDE4.
20
21 ¹ http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/soundKonverter?content=29024
22 --
23 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'