From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrade Portage 2004.0 to 2005.x fails
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 13:30:21
1 Denny Schierz wrote:
2
3 >hi,
4 >
5 >i have two very old gentoo boxes and i can't upgrade them. After a sync,
6 >the default profile 2004.0 was deleted and know i can't do anything with
7 >portage:
8 >
9 >router x86 # emerge -n '>=sys-apps/portage-2.0.51'
10 >!!! 'str' object has no attribute 'insert'
11 >!!! 'rm -Rf /usr/portage/profiles; emerge sync' may fix this. If it does
12 >!!! not then please report this to bugs.gentoo.org and, if possible, a
13 >dev
14 >!!! on #gentoo (irc.freenode.org)
15 >
16 >Is it possible to use portage from a new system, via quickpkg?
17 >
18 >cu denny
24 You may want to try emerge portage. I think I ran into this once before
25 and that fixed it. There is also a portage rescue tarbal somewhere that
26 you can put on to rescue it. I did that once before too but I can't
27 recall where it is right now. It's on the Gentoo site somewhere.
28
29 Dale
30 :-)
31 --