From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Changing dependencies without upping version ??
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 01:35:20
1 Am Tue, 26 Sep 2017 18:30:33 -0700
2 schrieb Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>:
3
4 > On 2017-09-27 02:38, Kai Krakow wrote:
5 >
6 > > If you don't want (or cannot) upgrade, you have two options:
7 > >
8 > > 1. Prepare to maintain your own overlay and deal with it
9 > >
10 > > 2. Don't use a rolling release distribution
11 > >
12 > > Personally, and since you seem to know enough to manage your own
13 > > overlay, I'd stick to #1.
14 >
15 > I do so already, and in fact my initial workaround was to fork the
16 > ebuild in my repo, pretty much like you recommend.
17 >
18 > But I didn't know that this was the official way of stopping upgrades.
19 > I thought package.mask was that, and I think that's what the Handbook
20 > (or maybe some other part of the wiki) recommends.
21
22 Yes, masking of course. But at some point in time, the ebuild would be
23 dropped. And you may want to keep it around for rebuilds.
27 Regards,
28 Kai
29
30 Replies to list-only preferred.