From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Changing dependencies without upping version ??
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 01:30:52
1 On 2017-09-27 02:38, Kai Krakow wrote:
2
3 > If you don't want (or cannot) upgrade, you have two options:
4 >
5 > 1. Prepare to maintain your own overlay and deal with it
6 >
7 > 2. Don't use a rolling release distribution
8 >
9 > Personally, and since you seem to know enough to manage your own
10 > overlay, I'd stick to #1.
11
12 I do so already, and in fact my initial workaround was to fork the
13 ebuild in my repo, pretty much like you recommend.
14
15 But I didn't know that this was the official way of stopping upgrades.
16 I thought package.mask was that, and I think that's what the Handbook
17 (or maybe some other part of the wiki) recommends.
20 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
21 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
22 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.