From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Install Gentoo on remote server
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 15:42:18
1 I'm getting ready to install Gentoo on a remote bare metal server at SoftLayer:
2
3 http://knowledgelayer.softlayer.com/procedure/mount-iso-bare-metal-server
4
5 Option 1 requires that I have "infrastructure deployed on SoftLayer"
6 which I guess means a second server there which I don't have. Option
7 2 seems to require that I have a NAS at SoftLayer which I don't have.
8 That leaves me with Option 3 which requires that I set up a VPN
9 connection, enable java in my browser, and download "Java iKVM
10 viewer".
11
12 Is there a better way? If not, is there an easy way to set up that
13 VPN connection? I've always read that OpenVPN is a bear and I've been
14 lucky enough to avoid needing it all this time.
15
16 - Grant