From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Install Gentoo on remote server
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 16:35:46
1 On 2017-07-20 08:42, Grant wrote:
2
3 > Is there a better way? If not, is there an easy way to set up that
4 > VPN connection? I've always read that OpenVPN is a bear and I've been
5 > lucky enough to avoid needing it all this time.
6
7 Bear, in what sense? Slow, hard?
8
9 I've been using it for years and I love it. It's definitely easier to
10 set up than IPSec. All my DNS (and some other UDP stuff) goes over
11 OpenVPN. At times I even had a "ssh -D" SOCKS proxy on the other end,
12 so double encryption, with no slowdown to notice.
13
14 Now if SoftLayer or the warty tools they provide want a particular kind
15 of VPN, that would be real problem.
18 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
19 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
20 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.