From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Per package /bin/sh selection
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 18:54:54
1 On 4/7/20 2:48 PM, Alessandro Barbieri wrote:
2 > I already filed bugs here:
3 >
4 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/716504
5 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/716496
6 >
7 > I need the workaround for the two above plus
8 > this https://bugs.gentoo.org/714094
11 Thanks, this will be a PITA for a while (again). Another developer had
12 patched /bin/dash so that it was effectively broken, to the point where
13 ./configure scripts would decide on their own use bash instead (even if
14 you set /bin/sh to point to dash). This "fixed" the errors, but meant
15 that everyone who thought he switched to dash was actually still using
16 slow old bash for every build. I undid that patch (so that now dash acts
17 like it does upstream), but as a result there's going to be a bunch of
18 previously-hidden bashisms in ./configure scripts that need to be fixed.