From: Michael Gisbers <Michael@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Date and time reset randomly.
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:21:20
1 Am Dienstag 12 Juni 2007 schrieb Bernard Van de Walle:
2 > Hello gentoo peoples ;)
3 >
4 > I have a little problem on my laptop. Everything is fine, except the
5 > fact that sometimes, the date and time reset to the 01/01/2000 .
6 > Consequently, on reboot, the boot process warn me that there are many
7 > files wich have modification dates in the future .... That happens
8 > randomly, in something like every 15 reboots ...
9 >
10 > I have then to reconfigure my dates ....
11 >
12 > So, does anyone knows where is that problem coming from ?
13
14 Seems like your bios/rtc - battery is defect. In this case the system clock
15 stops running when there is no or too less voltage and resets on boot to 0.
16
17 > It is of course not very important , but I would be happy to fix it ..
18
19 Just check your bios/rtc - battery.
22 Michael Gisbers
23 http://www.lugor.de