From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing specific layman packages & eix-test-obsolete
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 21:02:50
1 > > I need to be able to install only certain packages from a layman overlay
2 > > so I do stuff like this:
3 > >
4 > > package.mask:
5 > > */*::perl-experimental
6 > >
7 > > package.unmask:
8 > > perl-core/CPAN::perl-experimental
9 > >
10 > > This really freaks out eix-test-obsolete. Does anyone know of a way to
11 > > install only certain packages from a layman overlay and
12 > > use eix-test-obsolete?
15 > You can tell eix not to warn you about anything in the perl-experimental
16 > overlay. Here's what I've done for the haskell overlay.
17 >
18 > $ cat /etc/portage/package.nowarn
19 > # Disable eix's REDUNDANT_IF_NO_CHANGE tests for the wildcard.
20 > */*::gentoo-haskell in_keywords no_change
21 >
22 > You may have to adjust the "in_keywords no_change" part, depending on
23 > the specific type of freak-out you're experiencing. The options are all
24 > documented in the eix man page under package.nowarn.
25
26 If my package.mask is empty, eix-test-obsolete runs fine. If I have this
27 in package.mask:
28
29 */*::init6
30
31 eix-test-obsolete find over 27,000 packages under this heading:
32
33 Redundant in /etc/portage/package.mask:
34 ... considered as REDUNDANT_IF_MASK_NO_CHANGE
35
36 Adding the following to package.nowarn doesn't seem to change anything:
37
38 */*::init6 mask_no_change
39
40 The first of the 27,000 packages is app-accessibility/SphinxTrain which is
41 in the portage tree and not in an overlay.
42
43 - Grant