From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] introspection USE flag and KDE
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 02:05:13
1 Adam Carter wrote:
2 >> I notice this USE flag is on by default now. I also follow -dev but this
3 >> still is not clear for me. What exactly does introspection enable? Is it
4 >> some GUI thing or something else? I also think I saw somewhere it is mostly
5 >> a Gnome thing. Do I need it since I only use KDE and have Fluxbox as a
6 >> backup GUI?
7 >>
8 > Here's what i do in that situation;
9 > Goto http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml and find that the
10 > complete name for introspection is gobject-introspection, so google
11 > that and find https://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection
12 >
13 > Now ask someone who codes WTF that page means :) Sounds like it allows
14 > programs to use code from different languages. Assume gentoo devs know
15 > what they're doing, so accept their decision and stop thinking about
16 > it.
20 Well, I did the euse -i thing, googled, and also read about it on -dev.
21 It made no sense.
22
23 You give good advice tho. I'm going to hit Y and let it update.
24
25 Thanks.
26
27 Dale