From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Long boot time after kernel update
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 09:30:59
1 A point to keep in mind - if you can feel the drive moving it may be
2 generating errors!  Depending on the drive, the errors may just be
3 handled internally and I can see it slowing things down though probably
4 would be barely noticeable.  I have seen it myself with random errors
5 from a WD green drive disappearing when properly immobilised.  When
6 investigating I ran across articles discussing the problem, one of which
7 fastened the drives to a granite slab for tests!  Also see discussions
8 on NAS seups and vibrations affecting co located drives.
9
10 BillK
11
12 ** Interesting read