From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reinstall all packages needed by vim
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 09:05:13
1 Matthias Fechner schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I tried today to build vim but it fails.
5 > Now I want to make sure all packages needed by vim are installed
6 > correctly. To do this I decided to reinstall all packages need be vim.
7 >
8 > I checked the man page of emerge but could not found an option for this.
9 >
10 > Is there a possibility to reinstall all packages needed by vim?
13 > Thanks
14 > Matthias
15 >
16 > -- "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
17 > build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying
18 > to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."
19 > -- Rich Cook
20 Normally portage handels the depencies himself, so everything should be
21 installed.
22 Do revdep-rebuild to check that.
23 Provide ous some more information about how vim fails. Runtime, build or
24 what failure you get.
25 The problem with reinstlling all dependencies is, how deep you would
26 like to go. To check the whole dependency tree use
27 # equery depgraph vim