From: Mike Mazur <mmazur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cursor keys stopped working in VMware workstation
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 01:46:57
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 6:35 AM, Jim Cunning <jcunning@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
4 > I have been using VMware workstation V. 5.5.9 and a Logitech wireless keyboard
5 > for some time.  Today I somehow mistyped a Ctrl-<something> sequence while in
6 > the VM window, meaning to enter it elsewhere instead of the VM.  Now, the
7 > cursor keys between the main keys and the keypad have stopped working
8 > correctly.  Most do nothing, but the down arrow key causes Windows to raise
9 > the Start menu, as if I had pressed the "windows" key near left-alt.
10
11 I have also experienced this recently when I installed new VMs. I did
12 some research and found a post on the vmware forums[1]. The solution
13 for me was to add this line to /etc/vmware-server-console/config:
14
15 xkeymap.nokeycodeMap = true
16
17 I thought my issue was related to the fact that I'm using
18 vmware-server-console on my 32-bit Gentoo laptop and trying to send
19 commands to a 64-bit CentOS VM running on a 64-bit CentOS host on my
20 LAN. But since you're seeing this issue too with existing VMs, perhaps
21 it's related to the recent Xorg upgrade?
22
23 HTH,
24 Mike
27 [1] http://communities.vmware.com/thread/177321