From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ntp problem
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:11:09
1 On 23 August 2005 13:36, Bruno Lustosa wrote:
2 > Hello. I'm running ntpd as server on one of my machines, and it keeps
3 > itself in sync with 6 time servers around the globe. The
4 > synchronization works very well.
5 > The problem is when I try to get the other machines on the network to
6 > sync themselves with this one server. Most of them are running linux
7 > (kernel 2.6.x), but some are still running windows.
8 > Some machines can sync fine, and some don't. All of them can reach the
9 > server (same network), and there is no firewall at all.
10 > This is the output I get from ntpq on the machines that don't work:
11 >
12 > ntpq> peers
13 > remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset
14 > jitter
15 > ===========================================================================
16 >=== timeserver 217.160.252.229 3 u 26 64 377 0.214 46927.6
17 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
18 This isn't 192.158.7.1.
19
20 > 716.379 ntpq> assoc
21 >
22 > ind assID status conf reach auth condition last_event cnt
23 > ===========================================================
24 > 1 15036 9064 yes yes none reject reachable 6
25 >
26 > The only differences between this one and another machines where it's
27 > working fine are the status code (it varies a bit) and the condition
28 > (instead of reject, sys.peer).
29 > The ntp.conf for all machines have just:
30 >
31 > server 192.168.7.1
32
33 This one should be the only peer of your inside boxes, no?
34
35 Uwe
38 95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
39 developers. - Linus Torvalds
40
41 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)
42 --