From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ntp problem
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:44:06
1 Hello. I'm running ntpd as server on one of my machines, and it keeps
2 itself in sync with 6 time servers around the globe. The
3 synchronization works very well.
4 The problem is when I try to get the other machines on the network to
5 sync themselves with this one server. Most of them are running linux
6 (kernel 2.6.x), but some are still running windows.
7 Some machines can sync fine, and some don't. All of them can reach the
8 server (same network), and there is no firewall at all.
9 This is the output I get from ntpq on the machines that don't work:
10
11 ntpq> peers
12 remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset jitter
13 ==============================================================================
14 timeserver 217.160.252.229 3 u 26 64 377 0.214 46927.6 716.379
15 ntpq> assoc
16
17 ind assID status conf reach auth condition last_event cnt
18 ===========================================================
19 1 15036 9064 yes yes none reject reachable 6
20
21 The only differences between this one and another machines where it's
22 working fine are the status code (it varies a bit) and the condition
23 (instead of reject, sys.peer).
24 The ntp.conf for all machines have just:
25
26 server 192.168.7.1
27
28 which is the ip address of the time server in question.
29 I don't know the internals of ntp. What can be wrong in my configuration?
30
31 Thanks
34 Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora | Email: bruno@×××××××.net
35 Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ: 1406477
36 Rio de Janeiro - Brazil |
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list