From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean wants to remove gentoo-sources
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 20:27:00
1 On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 14 May 2008 13:02:28 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> Has emerge --depclean always removed older gentoo-sources or has
5 >> something changed? I don't remember this operation. Maybe I'm
6 >> forgetting something I already know on this subject but I'm drawing a
7 >> blank this afternoon.
8 >>
9 >> I'm curious if there is a way to mask package from --depclean
10 >> removing them. In this case it wants to remove my running kernel tree
11 >> before I've updated to a newer kernel.
12 >
13 > It's a recent change, where it now want to remove all but the newest
14 > version. You can fix this by adding specific versions to world, or by not
15 > running --depclean during a kernel upgrade.
16 >
17 Thanks Neil. Adding specific versions to world is fine solution for me.
18
19 Cheers,
20 Mark
21 --