From: Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Loading a Firmware Module By hand?
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 19:15:14
1 On 12/18/17, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Monday, 18 December 2017 05:11:20 GMT Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
3 >> Hmm. I have kernel 4.14.7 and linux-firmware 20171206. I tried version
4 >> 999999999 as well, but that didn't help matters, either. Nor did
5 >> compiling the firmware into the kernel; either 4.14 is too old, or it
6 >> is too new.
7 >
8 > I'd think they are both too new?
9 >
10 >> I tried copying the firmware my live iso was using, but
11 >> that didn't help either.
12 >
13 > If the live iso works, start with using the same kernel release and linux-
14 > firmware version, to see if this works as expected on your installation.
15 > Then
16 > update kernel sources and firmware to the latest stable and see if this
17 > works
18 > too.
19 >
20 > From there on you can move into ~arch to find the version at which things
21 > break.
22 > --
23 > Regards,
24 > Mick
25 Okay, here are the dmesg messages:
26 https://paste.pound-python.org/show/nrNfBAEPfh9W7ZIeItJC/
27 The present kernel configuration, as of yesterday evening:
28 https://paste.pound-python.org/show/NmNB8nzLuEjmsz74kRVE/
29 Make and model of the offending card: Qualcomm 6174 revision 20.
30 Not exactly what the -2 error means, but I will try as Mick suggested
31 and work my way forwards to see what I can get working.