From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Loading a Firmware Module By hand?
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 17:09:33
1 On Monday, 18 December 2017 05:11:20 GMT Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
2 > Hmm. I have kernel 4.14.7 and linux-firmware 20171206. I tried version
3 > 999999999 as well, but that didn't help matters, either. Nor did
4 > compiling the firmware into the kernel; either 4.14 is too old, or it
5 > is too new.
6
7 I'd think they are both too new?
8
9 > I tried copying the firmware my live iso was using, but
10 > that didn't help either.
11
12 If the live iso works, start with using the same kernel release and linux-
13 firmware version, to see if this works as expected on your installation. Then
14 update kernel sources and firmware to the latest stable and see if this works
15 too.
16
17 From there on you can move into ~arch to find the version at which things
18 break.
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick