From: Douglas Linford <drkrider@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Problems with dbus
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:04:39
1 I had the same issue with my Gnome install after a world/dbus update.
2 I found the following fix on Gentoo Forums...his complete message and fix is
3 listed below...thanks to tSp.
4 This fixed my system without having to rebuild my Gnome.
5
6 I ran into a problem after an emerge upgrade to system and world that has
7 been driving me crazy for a few days. The error was related to *libdbus*-
8 1.so.2 and practically every gnome package depended on it. Just wanted to
9 share this fix so others don't go through what I did (by the way, this is a
10 sabayon install and not gentoo but figured since dbus and *libdbus* came
11 from the gentoo repo that it would be same error for both distros).
12
13 Running revdep-rebuild was listing almost all gnome packages linked against
14 *libdbus*-1.so.2 and they would all fail during emerge with the same error,
15 missing. I tried many different things to fix it - you can read all about it
16 mess here - http://www.maysville-linux-users-group.org/ftopicp-376.html but
17 the final fix ended up being this (so simple, yet overlooked for so long):
18
19 cd /usr/lib
20 ln -s *libdbus*-1.so.3.2.0 *libdbus*-1.so.2
21 cd /root
22 rm -rf .revdep*
23 revdep-rebuild
26 Douglas