From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Problems with dbus
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 04:13:53
1 Reordered for readability...
2
3 On Friday 26 January 2007 04:48, Statux wrote:
4 > On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 19:05 -0600, »Q« wrote:
5 > > I think you need update-eix. dbus-1.0.2 has been stable on x86 since
6 > > 21 January.
7 >
8 > update-eix fixed the one issue. I don't usually run update-eix (though I
9 > did recently) because I swear it seems to catch a lot of changes on its
10 > own :-)
11
12 update-eix needs to be run every time you sync. What it catches by itself
13 though is changes to your installed packages.
14
15 > > I expect the revdep-rebuild people have suggested will solve your
16 > > trouble with gnome-session.
17 >
18 > revdep-rebuild was run immediately after but gnome-session failed to
19 > link with any other version of dbus. I even removed gnome-session and
20 > manually checked for loose copies on the system but found nothing. I
21 > reinstalled it and it still wasn't happy.
22
23 My best guess is that revdep-rebuild tried to recompile broken packages in the
24 wrong order. I.e. something else needed to be recompiled before
25 gnome-session. If you upgrade again, make sure dbus-glib is installed and
26 show us the output of `revdep-rebuild -i -vp` we may even be able to tell you
27 which... Of course for now you can also just be happy with dbus-0.62 and keep
28 the mask until you actually need a later dbus...
29
30 And please stop top-posting.
33 Bo Andresen