From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Return of My Continuing ALSA woes
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:51:12
1 On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 07:24 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On 11/17/05, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I got my new computer about a month ago. It uses the snd-hda-intel ALSA
4 > > driver.
5 >
6 > <SNIP>
7 >
8 > > I remerged alsa-driver.
9 >
10 > Unless your sound card is a special case you should not emerge
11 > alsa-driver. The alsa-driver is included in the kernel.
12 >
13 > Just a thought.
14 >
15 > Cheers,
16 > Mark
17
18 When I first got this computer and I couldn't get my sound to work I
19 emailed this list asking for help. A lot of people on the list told me
20 to use ALSA compiled into my kernel with support for my card, but I
21 could never get it to work. I finally got it to work by not enabling
22 ALSA in my kernel and emerging alsa-driver. Now alsa-driver has stopped
23 working. It seems unlikely that what wouldn't work before (namely
24 compiling ALSA support into my kernel) would work now...
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list