From: PK <pkugrinas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Simultaneously emerging multiple packages with same dependencies
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:34:49
1 On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 5:12 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
4 > You can try, but the second instance with simply block until the lock has
5 > been removed.
6 >
7 > I'm not aware of any package system that supports this. I don't think
8 > adding support for this justifies the added complexity.
11 Correct me if I'm wrong but the only added complexity I can think of is an
12 additional lock for package (ebuild) which is currently being built. Emerge
13 would skip the locked packages during "calculating dependencies" and
14 building phases and possibly wait for them to install.
15
16 Just a naive idea though.
17
18 Cheers,