From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fonts garbled with Xorg 1.5
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:18:11
1 In <58965d8a0904151141u394849ckc7b241dddf686bc9@××××××××××.com> paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com (Paul Hartman) writes:
2
3 >On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 2:29 AM, Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de> wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I am having problems with some webpages in FireFox as well as Eclipse.
7 >> Fonts are totally garbled. It looks like they were written with chalk
8 >> and then somebody wiped over them. A redraw fixes is sometimes but
9 >> then it gets garbled again. I am using nvidia-drivers 96.XX for legacy
10 >> reasons.
11
12 >Check this list's archives from a couple weeks ago for a thread called
13 >"Ugly fonts on some seb sites" (sic), there were a couple of hints
14 >posted by Nikos Chantziaras that really made my fonts look a lot
15 >better in Firefox and friends. Maybe it will help you, too.
16 The upgrade to the 96.XX version from ~x86 resolved it.
19 Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@×××××××.de
20 Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
22 "Captain, this ship will not survive the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres