From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fonts garbled with Xorg 1.5
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 18:41:51
1 On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 2:29 AM, Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am having problems with some webpages in FireFox as well as Eclipse.
5 > Fonts are totally garbled. It looks like they were written with chalk
6 > and then somebody wiped over them. A redraw fixes is sometimes but
7 > then it gets garbled again. I am using nvidia-drivers 96.XX for legacy
8 > reasons.
9
10 Check this list's archives from a couple weeks ago for a thread called
11 "Ugly fonts on some seb sites" (sic), there were a couple of hints
12 posted by Nikos Chantziaras that really made my fonts look a lot
13 better in Firefox and friends. Maybe it will help you, too.