From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage blockage gnome-control-center vs gnome-media
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:05:39
1 On Mon, Aug 15 2011, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > On Sun 14 August 2011 19:55:28 Allan Gottlieb did opine thusly:
4 >> On Sun, Aug 14 2011, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >> > It's installing Gnome 3 stuff.
6 >> >
7 >> > Is that what you want?
8 >>
9 >> Yes. That is why I am using the gnome overlay
10 >>
11 >> > Look at your unmasking rules.
12 >>
13 >> They were supposed to be the ones that came with the instructions
14 >> for moving to gnome 3. But I didn't realize that eix-update
15 >> doesn't update layman and I need layman -S. It is still not
16 >> working but I will study the new blockages arising after layman -S.
17 >
18 > That caught me out a few times too. I put these commands into a bash
19 > alias:
20 >
21 > emerge --sync
22 > layman -S
23 > eix-update
24 >
25 > and use that to sync portage. That way I don't leave steps out.
26
27 Right!
28
29 allan
30
31 PS After todays portage sync, there are no blocks.