From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage blockage gnome-control-center vs gnome-media
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 08:29:37
1 On Sun 14 August 2011 19:55:28 Allan Gottlieb did opine thusly:
2 > On Sun, Aug 14 2011, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > It's installing Gnome 3 stuff.
4 > >
5 > > Is that what you want?
6 >
7 > Yes. That is why I am using the gnome overlay
8 >
9 > > Look at your unmasking rules.
10 >
11 > They were supposed to be the ones that came with the instructions
12 > for moving to gnome 3. But I didn't realize that eix-update
13 > doesn't update layman and I need layman -S. It is still not
14 > working but I will study the new blockages arising after layman -S.
15
16 That caught me out a few times too. I put these commands into a bash
17 alias:
18
19 emerge --sync
20 layman -S
21 eix-update
22
23 and use that to sync portage. That way I don't leave steps out.
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com