From: Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to tar?
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:26:11
1 On Thursday 23 March 2006 21:24, Michael Kintzios wrote:
2 > What should I run to untar the rest of /usr (excluding /usr/portage) into
3 > /dev/hda3 and at the same time delete it from within the gentoo_usr.tgz
4 > archive, so that I get some space in /dev/hda2 to untar /usr/portage?
5 > Really, what I think is needed here is untarring of the archive, while
6 > untarred data is dynamically deleted immediately after untarred to make
7 > space for more data to be untarred . . . do I make sense?
8
9 You don't have to scp the archieve to the machine before unpacking it.
10
11 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Backup#Securely_backing_up_a_filesystem_on_a_remote_machine
12
13 Also if you look at man tar you'll find tar --exclude PATTERN
14
15 HtH
18 Bo Andresen
19 --