From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recent trouble with wicd and systemd (non-global ctrl_ifname)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 17:15:12
1 On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 04:47:03PM -0600, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 >
3 > I have never used wicd, so I can't say exactly what it's the problem;
4 > but I was under the impression that wicd is basically dead. Its last
5 > release was more than a year and a half ago.
6
7 I haven't read the other posts after this one, so apologies in advance if this
8 has been answered.
9
10 In my previous distro I worked on wicd with Adam and David (upstream). Adam
11 left the project about 2 years ago. David asked for help about a year ago, and
12 no one came. Right now wicd can't use nl80211, and that's the future. It would
13 need extensive rebuilding, and it appears wicd is going to die (though it's
14 not just yet). David is not actively working on wicd atm.
15
16 Personally I'm looking at connman.
17 --
18 Happy Penguin Computers >')
19 126 Fenco Drive ( \
20 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
22 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
23 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
24
25 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
26 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
27 A: Top-posting.
28 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
29
30 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting