From: pat <pat@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot setup acpi
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:17:38
1 On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 23:40:01 +0900, daid kahl wrote
2 > I'm trying to setup acpi, but I cannot get it work
3 >
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > I didn't set up acpi for power save yet, but I did do it for getting my laptop to go to sleep on lid close, and it was really easy. Since I imagine this might be a function you also want (and I got it working really easily), you might try your hand at this first to be sure acpi events are generally working.
7 >
8 > If others had given some more knowledgeable and specific reply, I'd omit comment, since my response is somewhat peripheral. But at least this might be somewhere to start.
9 >
10 > I attach my log file for setting up sleep (I omitted what kernel configurations I set, so if you need me to try and figure that out, let me know, since I should have included it in my own log file). I think this requires at least kernel 2.6.27.
11 >
12 > ~daid
13
14 Thanks, but problem is the events are not fired and I'm afraid I've did somethink wrong during kernel configuration - missing "something" :-(
15
16 Thnaks for your time.
17
18      Pat