From: Antoine <melser.anton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] to mail or not to mail
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:55:37
1 > I don't want to do ANYTHING but have php send emails. I don't really
2 > care about security (for the moment) and really just want it to work
3 > without thinking about it! Can someone give me some advice?
4 > Cheers
5 > Antoine
6 >
7 > Personally I would just emerge sendmail and use that, especially if you
8 > don't need incoming mail. Postfix is probably overkill and
9 > I don't know jack about ssmtp. You may encounter two situations however:
10 > 1) Your ISP is blocking the SMTP port (25) and/or 2) Your firewall,
11 > software or hardware, is blocking mail. As I recall there isn't any
12 > special setting needed for sendmail to send a message from php, it just
13 > needs to be installed.
14
15 Nope... i still get the same thing with the proper sendmail :-(. I can
16 also telnet to yahoo (though can't seem to send because it wants to
17 authenticate...) on port 25 so don't think it is the isp or firewall.
18 Anything else I could try?
19 Cheers
20 Antoine
21 --