From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system.map file in /boot. How to manage?
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 15:14:20
1 On 01/07/2021 15:41, Dale wrote:
2 > I do copy mine manually.  It's how it was done when I first started
3 > using Gentoo and I just stuck with it, it works.  It's just one
4 > additional file.
5
6 I copied my kernels manually to start with. Then I discovered "make
7 install". (and "make modules_install"). Much simpler.
8
9 And you don't need to muck about with grub.cfg by hand either. I think
10 I'm going to switch to grub-mkconfig, because you can always output it
11 to a new file to sanity-check before you send it live (and back up the
12 old one, so you can always recover ...).
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wol