From: jarry@×××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Clarification on LVM vs JBOD
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:10:16
1 Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Say I have a bunch of disks, I can go either using JBOD, and mount each
4 > disk eg:
5 > /mnt/disk1 /mnt/disk2 /mnt/disk3
6 > and use them as is. If one crash, I still retain data on the other 2.
7
8 Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "JBOD" (just bunch of disks)
9 is a name for some simple sort of multi-disk array, where disks
10 are just joined into one volume, without any stripping/mirroring.
11
12 One can think of jbod as a subset of lvm, where resizing (if possible)
13 is not so easy. Or s subset of raid0, where strip-size is large than
14 capacity of any single disk (e.g. actually no stripping :-)
15
16 Jarry
19 Echte DSL-Flatrate dauerhaft für 0,- Euro*!
20 "Feel free" mit GMX DSL! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list