From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [~amd64] Keyboard stops working several times/day
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 02:04:19
1 On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 18:51:34 +0200
2 Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Am 16.08.2015 um 18:45 schrieb walt:
5 > > I've been seeing this keyboard problem for the past few weeks:
6 > > after running some command from a bash prompt (haven't tried zsh
7 > > yet) the keyboard stops working. Almost like somebody unplugged
8 > > the keyboard from its usb port (except that the LED on the keyboard
9 > > stays lit so I know the power is still on).
10 >
11 > I don't have this issue, but I guess you're using a terminal emulator
12 > in a desktop environment.
13 >
14 > Which terminal emulator and which desktop environment are you using?
15 > Maybe the problem is just that the terminal emulator takes the control
16 > over the keyboard or the desktop environment gives the keyboard
17 > controls to the terminal emulator.
18
19 I see the keyboard problem in mate and xfce4 (the only ones I use
20 now). I've wondered about the same things but I don't know how to
21 debug those possible scenarios.
22
23 At the moment I'm waiting for my new keyboard to arrive from amazon,
24 hoping to pin the blame on flakey hardware instead of flakey software.