From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/cron.d being ignored
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:51:49
1 on Friday 03/16/2007 Neil Bothwick(neil@××××××××××.uk) wrote
2 > On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 06:06:53 -0400, John covici wrote:
3 >
4 > > And if I take the entries out of cron.d and put them into crontab they
5 > > are executed correctly and this is why I asked the question.
6 >
7 > Ignore my previous reply, whatever I was on, it had insufficient
8 > caffeine :(
9 >
10 > cron.d does indeed work here, provided the lines have exactly the same
11 > format as in crontab; e.g. "tail -n 1 /etc/crontab >/etc/cron.d/test"
12 > works as it should.
13 >
14 > Are you setting the execute bit on the files in cron.d? In the past, I've
15 > found that this prevents their being run.
16
17 Indeed the user exec bit is on, didn't know that it made any
18 difference, but I will try with it off.
19 Yep, that did it -- thanks much guys. Never heard of that before.
22 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
23 How do
24 you spend it?
25
26 John Covici