From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/cron.d being ignored
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:19:40
1 On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 06:06:53 -0400, John covici wrote:
2
3 > And if I take the entries out of cron.d and put them into crontab they
4 > are executed correctly and this is why I asked the question.
5
6 Ignore my previous reply, whatever I was on, it had insufficient
7 caffeine :(
8
9 cron.d does indeed work here, provided the lines have exactly the same
10 format as in crontab; e.g. "tail -n 1 /etc/crontab >/etc/cron.d/test"
11 works as it should.
12
13 Are you setting the execute bit on the files in cron.d? In the past, I've
14 found that this prevents their being run.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Like Entropy, bugs can only be created, not destroyed.