From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I clean contacts with isopropyl alcohol?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 03:29:36
2 > Of course it's safe, just turn everything off, take the card out and
3 > clean it with the alcohol.
4 >
5 > Another thing...What do you mean by instability?
6
7 Abnormalities in the video, and computer crashes when viewing tv.
8 Without the card, no crashes.
9
10 I have cleaned the contacts of the card (with an eraser) *and* chosen milder
11 settings in the BIOS setup (for example, greater latency for memory) and now
12 the card seems to work OK. I will test a little bit more.
16 Software is like sex: it is better when it is free - Linus Torvalds